What should I do if there are problems with electricity in my home?

If your fittings or appliances are sparking, flickering or giving off shocks, Turn the mains switch at the consumer unit (fuse box) OFF where it is safe to do so and contact us as soon as possible so that we can raise an emergency repair. In the event the consumer unit is sparking or giving off shocks, then do not approach it and/or any electrical components within the property and wait for one of our emergency engineers to attend.

Fuse box illustration
  • After the electricity has been isolated, call our repairs team on 01452 424344 to raise an emergency repair.

  • If you have a power cut, call the emergency number given in the phone book or on your electricity bill. It might be worth checking if your neighbours have power.