Working for GCH
Without great people, GCH cannot deliver the highly valued services we provide to our tenants. Our employees are the heartbeat of the organisation and bring our successes.
We are pleased to be ranked as the 10th best housing association and 23rd best company to work for in the South West (Q2 2022).
We want our teams to be innovative and creative with passion and determination.
Our customers are many and varied: whether it’s young people needing their first home, couples getting on the property ladder, older people needing a safe place to reside or people with special needs who need help to live independently. GCH is there for all of them. That’s why we’re looking for people who care as much as we do about delivering customer focused services.
We are proud of what we have achieved recently and endeavour to continue to provide excellent services to all our customers.
Our Current Job Vacancies
Our values and culture
Taking pride in everything that we do
Having a positive mindset and can-do attitude
Doing what we say we will do
Taking ownership and responsibility
Continually improving by challenging, listening and learning
Using every opportunity to learn to improve
Working together to get things done
Taking the time to understand others
Being fair, inclusive, objective and accountable
Embracing diversity and valuing difference
Trusting each other to do the right thing
Speaking up if its not right
Creating opportunities to change and grow
Looking for solutions and being productive
Not being afraid to fail and being open to new ideas
Using our own skills and experience to make a difference
If you are interested in working for GCH, then all of our current job opportunities are listed above and applications are accepted online only. You are, of course, welcome to contact us using this link for further information about a specific position, or if you want to chat about working for GCH in general.
We aim to reduce unnecessary paperwork where we can and, for this reason, we no longer accept paper applications. However, if this causes you difficulties in applying for our positions, please contact us using this link to discuss how we may be able to help.
If you are interested in working for GCH keep checking our website for all new opportunities that arise. We accept speculative CVs which we review and add to our Talent pool.
As soon as the closing date of a job has passed, we will review the applications received, draw up a shortlist of candidates to interview and contact them with the interview date, time, location and format. All applicants will be notified on the outcome of their application.
The selection process could take different forms and may include a practical assessment, presentation, psychometric test or a second interview. You may also be required to provide copies of professional certificates.
If successful, you will be contacted with a verbal offer and to discuss terms and conditions and a start date. We will follow this with a formal offer letter, contract and ‘new starter pack’ by post or email. References will also be taken up.
As soon as the position has been accepted, all unsuccessful candidates will be notified.
We are based in Gloucester City Centre and our modern office is next to Gloucester Train Station. We offer a number of staff benefits including:
Great Work-Life Balance
At GCH, we recognise that it is important for you to keep a balance between your personal and working life. To support this balance, we have developed a number of work-life balance initiative.
- Flexible working – full time, part time and job share opportunities.
- Trust Based Working – Many roles offer a trust based working arrangement so that you can tailor your working patterns around need and flexibility. Many of our roles are based from home and we have a modern new office to allow for meetings and get togethers.
- Holidays – 30 days per annum, plus bank holidays.
Our Pension Scheme
We offer a Social Housing Pension Scheme (SHPS) where employees contribute 5% of their monthly salary and we will double the contribution.
A Health and Wellbeing Programme
We understand the importance of sustaining physical and mental wellbeing and offer staff a variety of ways to retain the balance throughout the year.
- Occupational Health – online consultations to discuss your needs and work to accommodate them.
- Employee Assistance Programme – available for all staff and offers a freephone helpline that provides unlimited access to a confidential advice, information and counselling referral service.
- Health Cashback Plan – To reimburse you for appointments and checks.
… and lots more, including
- Access to a Benefits Portal – offering you exclusive savings and deals on a wide range of purchases and memberships.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – get a tax-free bike and cut down on carbon by cycling to work. This is a salary sacrifice scheme to help employees gain access to a new bike and accessories of up to the value of £750.
- Buying and selling of holiday.
- Annual Staff Conference – celebrating your hard work and achievements.
- Volunteering Days – giving something back to the communities we work within.
- Monthly Chief Executive Briefings – updating all staff with business news.
- Employee Forum – enabling staff to put forward ideas and help make decisions in the best interest of GCH.
GCH are committed to developing and training our employees to become the best and provide a range of professional and technical qualifications to meet our core business objectives.
We believe that everyone who works for GCH has the ability to achieve excellence therefore offer a staff development process. This is focused on individual development needs to plan on and off the job training.
From day one you will take part in a comprehensive induction, part of which is tailored to your individual job role. Your induction will also allow you to see the bigger picture at GCH and how we collectively provide such a great service to our customers.
We also encourage study for professional qualifications such as degrees, HNCs and HNDs. You can choose to attend college or university part-time, or opt for distance learning to study in your own time, at your own pace, for example at the Chartered Institute of Housing. We will also pay for one professional subscription related to your role.
Successful organisations recognise how important their people are to the success of the business. At GCH, we believe that by understanding our similarities and differences we can create a modern and dynamic organisation.
We achieve this by:
- Valuing diversity and inclusiveness in our communities and workplace, supporting, developing and empowering people to succeed.
- Promoting equality of opportunity in employment and service provision and striving to deliver appropriate, accessible and flexible services.
- Recognising that everyone has a right to be treated with dignity, fairness and respect and ensuring that no one is treated less favourably on the grounds of a protected characteristic, or any other grounds which cannot be justified.
- Tackling social and economic disadvantage, especially amongst people who experience a set of complex circumstances which left unchecked remain throughout their life.
- Taking our leadership role seriously, promoting equality, diversity and inclusion with our residents, communities, partners, stakeholders and our supply chain. Always challenging prejudice, discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to delivering excellent services to the communities we work in and at the centre of this, is the diversity of our people, our housing and our services
We are very proud of our achievements and awards. We are accredited as the 40th best company to work for in the Times Top 100 Not-for-profit employers list as well as the 38th best employer in the South West and the 11th best Housing Association 2020. For more information visit our Accreditations Page.