What should I do if my home has a burst pipe, flooding or no water?

If you have a water emergency in your home such as a burst pipe or  flooding:

  • To stop flooding, turn the mains stoptap to the right (clockwise ↵) or press the surestop switch (if there is one).
Diagram of how to turn off a water service valve
  • If you need to shut off the supply of water to a fitting, such as a toilet or basin, you can use the service valve on the pipe leading to it (if there is one fitted).
  • After the water has been isolated, call our repairs team on 01452 424344

If you have no water at all coming into the property, call Severn Trent on 0800 783 4444