Our Estate Services Team complete practical work to maintain your community and communal areas.
The Estate Services Team follow a 4 week schedule from Monday to Friday that covers Podsmead, Tuffley, Quedegley, Matson, Robinswood, Barton and Tredworth, Westgate and Kingsholm and other smaller areas around the city. This means that each area is visited at least once per month.
The Estate Services team are responsible for:
- Removal of bulky items from communal areas if a health & safety/fire risk. If not a risk, items will be left in place and identified for recharge through Tenancy Services. Flytipped items will not be removed for free
- Check communal waste areas and remove excess bags from bins. This is so that they can be collected by the Council collections
- Complete a litter pick of the area
- Areas of grounds maintenance not covered by Council contracts will be addressed, cut back and tidied. Some of these areas may necessitate a return visit in order to complete
- Check and maintain local alleyways and paths. Some may need more than one visit and work will continue on the next scheduled visit
- Check and maintain garage sites and compounds
- Record and report any other issues back to relevant GCH team
Please note that we may recharge you for this service, if we find that you have caused the problem in the first place, such as dumping rubbish illegally.