Condensation can occur in any home. You can take steps to prevent it.
Control excess moisture:
- close kitchen and bathroom doors to prevent steam going into other colder rooms.
- open kitchen and bathroom windows when cooking or washing so that steam can escape, or use an extractor fan if you have one fitted.
- open some windows in other rooms for a while each day to allow a change of air.
- do not use bottled gas heaters – these are not allowed to be kept inside under gas regulations.
- wipe down surfaces where moisture settles to prevent mould forming; and
- do not block air vents or air bricks in your property.
- use fans where they are fitted.
- do not cover radiators.
Produce less moisture:
- dry clothes outdoors whenever possible, otherwise use well ventilated rooms.
- cover pans when cooking: and
- vent any tumble drier to the outside, or use a tumble dryer condenser box.