What happens if I need emergency accommodation?

If you find you need emergency accommodation:

If you require emergency accommodation, you will need to present to a local authority Homelessness Team. They will make you an appointment with a Housing Options Advisor who will discuss options and provide you with housing advice on securing alternative accommodation.

Please note that you may not qualify for housing via Homeseeker Plus if you have more than 8 weeks of current or former housing debt or if you have been evicted for anti-social behaviour. This applies for either a sole or joint tenancy.


If you find yourself in this position please contact the Council’s Housing Options Team at 01452 396 396. Alternatively, you can get independent legal advice from:

Gloucester Citizens’ Advice Bureau – 01452 527202 or visit www.gloucestercab.org.uk
Shelter Housing and Homelessness Charity – 0808 800 4444 or visit www.shelter.org.uk
The Gloucester Law Centre – 01452 423492 or visit www.gloucesterlawcentre.co.uk