Podsmead Big Local have launched a scheme which offers a food club to members of the Podsmead community. ‘Poets Pantry’ is a new community facility on the ground floor of Halford House which is being used as a food distribution hub.
Local residents can join the food distribution club for just £3 and it then costs £1 a week to access food bags. The bags offer a range of items sourced by Fareshare which will be worth around £10 – £15 per week. To join the club all you need to do is visit between 9am and 3pm, call Les on 07545966361 or email email@example.com
Once you have joined you will be given a cool bag that you can take along each week to collect food between 9am and 3pm on Thursdays.
As a partner to this project GCH is supporting and our Community Investment Officer Nicholine will be available for appointments each week between 10.30am and 2pm. Nicholine can help you with;
· CV Building
· Coaching & Mentoring
· Interview Skills
· Help with Basic Skills (Maths, English and IT)
· Digital and Online Skills (including setting up email account, Homeseeker account and MyGCH account)
· Budgeting Advice and Money Management
· Support with accessing photo identification
· Tenancy related enquiries – Nicholine will be able to make referrals to the right GCH team.
To book an appointment please call Nicholine on 01452-833181 or email Nicholine.Wirsiy@gch.co.uk
Follow Poets Pantry on Facebook to keep up to date!