Crystal Home contents insurance designed for tenants in social housing

Home and Garden Insurance

Although customers rent their home from us, the contents of your home and garden are your responsibility.  Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions and personal belongings.  It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for, in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

As the days get brighter and longer you may be spending more time out and about, or in your garden.  Many of us enjoy our gardens and take pride in making them nice.  Expensive items are often kept in sheds and garages, items such as lawnmowers, pedal cycles, children’s outdoor toys, garden furniture, and BBQs.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme provides cover for up to £1,000 for loss of or damage to contents on the land belonging to your home and on communal areas. 

The standard cover excludes loss of, or damage to pedal cycles, however, you can choose to include optional personal possessions cover at an additional cost which will provide cover for items such as pedal cycles.

The scheme also covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages that form part of your home (up to £3,000).

The Scheme has other benefits such as:

  • Apply over the telephone or complete an editable application form.
  • You don’t need to have special door or window locks; you just need a lockable front door.
  • Flexible regular payment options, you can pay fortnightly or monthly by cash using a swipe card, monthly by direct debit, or annually by credit/debit card, (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge).

Limits and exclusions apply. For more information about our policy, please refer to the Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) and Policy Wording, which is available upon request.

To find out more about the Crystal Insurance Scheme or to get a quote: