The holiday season can be a difficult time for some in the community. That’s why several local organizations have stepped up to provide meals, outreach services, and mental health support this Christmas.
- Gloucester Feed the Hungry: Christmas Day – 7:30am to 9:30am, Smiles Community Coffee Shop (24 The Oxebode, Gloucester, GL1 1SA)
Free full English breakfast & treats are available with a fantastic atmosphere where everyone is welcome. Check more details here.
- Gloucester City Mission: Providing hot meal and outreach services for those in need, learn more here.
- Elmbridge Together: Christmas Day – 1pm, Lonsdale Road Methodist Church, Lonsdale Road, Gloucester GL2 0TA
Christmas Day lunch is available for a £5 donation. Contact Avril to book a space – 07891 377707 and learn more here.
- Gloucester Cathedral: Breakfast Club Thursday and Saturday mornings, 8-9am Parliament Rooms of the Cathedral.
The Breakfast Club takes place every week (including over the Christmas period) and is run by a dedicated volunteer team. They provide hot drinks and food, including a delicious cooked breakfast. Absolutely all are welcome (aged 18+). Please note that only Assistance Dogs are permitted. On Saturday 23rd December, we will be giving out a box of mince pies or a selection box to each guest who attends. Check more details here.
- Barnardos Children and Family Centres: 27th, 28th and 29th December 8.30am till 5pm The Oaks, Tuffley GL4 0RN; Kaleidoscope, Kingsholm GL1 3DN; Bartongate, The Widdens, Sinope Street GL1 4AW
These centres will be open on 27th, 28th and 29th December, with Family Support staff available. They should all be open from 8.30am till 5pm, and there will be contact numbers for emergency help on the door/gate to ensure they know who to contact if we are not available. More information is available here.
- Kingfisher Treasure Seekers: Adult Support at The Cavern Every evening, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day 6pm-11pm The Cavern, 56 Westgate Street, Gloucester GL1 2NF
On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there will be a cold buffet, lots of sweets/biscuits/cakes and some games. This is open to anyone over 18 who is struggling with mental health issues – no diagnoses needed, just pop in and join them and learn more here.
- Kingfisher Treasure Seekers: Youth Support at The Cavern Every evening, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day 5pm-10pm The Cavern, 56 Westgate Street, Gloucester GL1 2NF
On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there will be a cold buffet, lots of sweets/biscuits/cake and some games. This is open to anyone aged 14-21 who is struggling with mental health issues – no diagnoses needed, just pop in and join us, for more information check the website here.
- The Cavern: Every day except Christmas Day and Boxing Day – Mon- Sat 10am-11pm, Sun 12pm-11pm The Cavern, 56 Westgate Street, Gloucester GL1 2NF
The Cavern is open every day except Christmas Day and Boxing day. We run a Pay It Forward scheme, so anyone in real need of a meal can just ask for a free Pay It Forward meal at the counter. Check the website here.