Over the next few days the temperature is set to rise with temperatures being as high as 31C. Due to this we would like to remind you to take care in the heat with our Top Tips for Coping in the Hot Weather:
- Avoid the heat where possible; stay out of the sun between 11am and 3pm
- Keep windows that are exposed to the sun closed during the day, and open windows at night when the temperature has dropped
- Try and keep the room where you are sleeping as cool as possible
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated
- If you have to go out in the heat, try and keep in the shade and make sure to wear sunscreen.
- Wear light, loose fitting clothing
- Check up on friends, family and neighbours who may be less able to look after themselves