We have a team of friendly Tenancy Sustainment Advisors who can help you to address any financial problems that you may be experiencing. We can help you to:
- Set up a household budget
- Prioritise your payments
- Open a bank account
- Signpost you to more specialist financial services if necessary
- Identify additional support services that may be available to you
- Provide advice about benefits that may be available to you
- Complete benefit applications, or liaise with other agencies such as the Department of Work and Pensions and the Local Authority
- Identify if you are eligible to apply for grant funding from charities
- Assistance with rent account queries
Please call one of our friendly team or complete the short form below or call 01452 424344 to make an appointment. The team are based at our main office during weekdays and are also based at Gloucester JobCentre on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10am – 5pm without an appointment.
Meet our Tenancy Sustainment Advisors
What if I am struggling with more than one debt?
Your rent should be your number one priority because if you don’t pay it you run the risk of losing your home. It is also important to pay your utility bills (such as your gas and electricity bills) and council tax before you pay any other bills (such as catalogue and credit card bills).
If you are thinking of borrowing a lump sum to pay off your arrears and other debts, get advice first.
If you would like advice and support please contact us. We can refer you to the local Citizen’s Advice Bureau via our direct referral scheme, or if you prefer you can contact them directly on 01452 527202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citizen’s Advice Bureau offer free, confidential, independent advice and can often help you find a solution to your money problems and to negotiate reduced payments with those you owe money to.
You could also contact The National Debt Line who offer free, confidential, independent advice on 0808 808 4000 or visit www.nationaldebtline.co.uk