Universal Credit is a single monthly payment that is replacing Housing benefit, Child Tax Credit, Income support, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance and Income-related Employment and Support Allowance for those of working age.
- A Single monthly payment to a household
- Paid monthly in arrears
- For working age people (only those under 62)
- Applies to claimants who are both working and non-working
- First payment is 6 weeks after you make your claim
- You can ask for partial advance to cover the initial period but it will be taken back from the next payments
Need help with making a claim? GCH tenants can access Free Universal Credit Support: call 0800 802 1998 or text ‘Gloucester City Homes’ to 0786063300 for a call back.
If you have any concerns or questions about your income or benefits please contact your Income Officer on 01452 424344 or email email@example.com.