Universal Credit is a single monthly payment that is replacing Housing benefit, Child Tax Credit, Income support, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance and Income-related Employment and Support Allowance for those of working age.
- A Single monthly payment to a household
- Paid monthly in arrears
- For working age people (only those under 62)
- Applies to claimants who are both working and non-working
- First payment is 5 weeks after you make your claim
- You can ask for partial advance to cover the initial period but it will be taken back from the next payments
Read our leaflet: What is Universal Credit and how will it affect me? (last updated April 2018)
Need help with making a claim? Please contact our Tenancy Sustainment Team and they will be happy to help. If you would like to speak to the team they are also based at Gloucester Job Centre Tuesdays between 10am – 5pm and Wednesdays 10am – 5pm.
If you have any concerns or questions about your income or benefits please contact your Income Officer on 01452 424344 or email email@example.com.