Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment that is replacing Housing benefit, Child Tax Credit, Income support, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance and Income-related Employment and Support Allowance for those of working age.

Universal Credit

  • A Single monthly payment to a householdUniversal Credit
  • Paid monthly in arrears
  • For working age people (only those under 62)
  • Applies to claimants who are both working and non-working
  • First payment is 5 weeks after you make your claim
  • You can ask for partial advance to cover the initial period but it will be taken back from the next payments

Read our leaflet: What is Universal Credit and how will it affect me? (last updated April 2018)

Universal Credit Information from the Government

Need help with making a claim? Please contact our Tenancy Sustainment Team and they will be happy to help. If you would like to speak to the team they are also based at Gloucester Job Centre Tuesdays between 10am – 5pm and Wednesdays 10am – 5pm.

Use the Money Advice Service’s free budgeting tool to help you save money

If you have any concerns or questions about your income or benefits please contact your Income Officer on 01452 424344 or email income@gch.co.uk.