Weekly rent is charged every Monday, a rent account will be in arrears if a payment has not been received within the week in which it falls due.
Rent should be paid in advance of the payment cycle that you choose to pay. For example if you pay monthly we expect you to have enough credit on your account until your next monthly payment is due.
If you are a joint tenant, both tenants are jointly liable for the rent payment. One of you is still liable, even if the other leaves the home and you are still on the tenancy.
How to pay your rent
We will offer a range of payment methods to support the payment of rent and make that inclusive for all. Call us on 01452 424344
- Direct Debit (weekly, monthly, fortnightly, 4 weekly, all days/dates)
- Payment by swipe card with cash, cheques or debit card (Post Office or Paypoint throughout the country)
- Payment by telephone via debit and credit card (Allpay 24hrs or direct to GCH 8.30 – 5.00pm). Also we can set up a reoccurring card payment to take ongoing payments.
- Payment by the internet via debit and credit card (24hrs)
- Cash and cheques direct to GCH.
- Housing Benefit direct to landlord.
Please note that if you need to make a claim for Universal Credit we can assist you with your claim please contact us for assistance.
If you fall behind with your rent payments:
- We will inform you promptly when you fall into rent arrears.
- We will advise you of the course of action we will take, and the consequences of non-payment.
- We will take legal action against tenants who fail to pay rent and other charges.
- We will negotiate realistic repayment arrangements for arrears.
- We will offer Tenancy Sustainment help, support and advice.
If you need a replacement rent card, please email email@example.com or phone 01452 42 43 44.