During the cold weather it is important to keep warm. Here are our top tips for keeping warm in your home;
- Keep yourself warm – wear extra layers, eat hot food and drinks, and keep active.
- Block draughts from windows, external and internal doors, skirting, loft hatches, and pipes or cables passing through walls.
- Let sunlight in through windows during the day and draw the curtains at dusk.
- Close internal doors to unheated rooms.
- Set your heating to 18–21°C to keep your bills low, and to come on earlier and go off later rather than turning the thermostat up.
- Do not to block trickle or ventilation grilles and air bricks.
- Move any furniture away from radiators
- Clear out any gutters and drains that may contribute to making walls damp and cold.